Details About Upcoming April 5-7 DoD Product Support Manager's (PSM) Workshop
Following up on last week’s February 18 blog post entitled “DoD Announces April 5-7, 2016 Product Support Manager’s (PSM) Workshop”, the office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Materiel Readiness today launched the official 2016 PSM Workshop website containing detailed information about workshop, including:
· Dates: April 5-7, 2016
· Location: Defense Acquisition University, Building 226 (Scott Hall), Fort Belvoir, Virginia
· Theme: Product Support in a Future Dominated by Uncertainty
· Target Audience: This Workshop's intended audience is government, industry and academia, including DoD Product Support Managers (PSM), Program Managers (PM), Life Cycle Logisticians, Industry Counterparts (including product support integrators and product support providers), and other members of the defense acquisition workforce involved in or support DoD product support
· Schedule: Government and industry presentations on An Uncertain Environment (Day 1), Innovation in Managing Uncertainty (Day 2), and PSM Critical Thinking -- The Source of Innovation (Day 3)
· Agenda: Will be posted to the DoD 2016 PSM Workshop website site in the next few days
· Registration: On-site Registration will remain open from February 22 –March 25, 2016, or until on-site attendance reaches capacity.
· Continuous Learning Points: Workshop attendees will earn 10 continuous learning points (CLP).
· Cost: A $77 fee will be charged to those attending the workshop at Fort Belvoir and payment is required to attend at Fort Belvoir. This fee is charged to offset the cost of the three continental breakfasts, two lunches at the Fort Belvoir Officers' Club, as well as an afternoon snack and beverage service Tuesday and Wednesday.
· Video Teleconference: Currently ODASD(MR) is planning VTC links to DAU regional campuses in Huntsville AL, Eglin AFB FL, Robins AFB GA, Sterling Heights MI, San Diego CA, Los Angeles CA, Tinker AFB OK, and Kettering OH
· Approval: This is an USD(AT&L)-approved Workshop
· Web Link: http://www.acq.osd.mil/log/MR/PSM_workshop.html
· Questions: Any questions regarding the PSM Workshop may be addressed to the Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense (Materiel Readiness) Workshop coordinators at 703-614-6082