New November-December 2023 Defense Acquisition Magazine
The November-December 2023 Defense Acquisition Magazine is now available online for your reading pleasure and professional development. Headlined by an impactful interview on The Future of the Defense Industrial Base with Dr. Laura Taylor-Kale, Assistant Secretary of Defense for Industrial Base Policy, this new issue is chock full of interesting, engaging, and timely articles, including:
- Interview with Dr. Laura Taylor-Kale, Assistant Secretary of Defense for Industrial Base Policy
- Battlefield Autonomy: A Proven Way Forward
- Busting the “Best Effort” Myth in Contracting
- The Adaptive Acquisition Framework – Continuous Process Improvement
- Garvin’s Eight Dimensions of Quality and DoD Acquisition
- Data Rights Markings and Contract Debts
- Zero Trust, Cyber Resiliency, and Maneuver Warfare from the Legendary Col John Boyd
- Business Acumen for Better Acquisitions
Members of the product support, life cycle logistics, and sustainment communities may find the Data Rights Markings and Contract Debts and Business Acumen for Better Acquisitions articles particularly relevant.
For those who may not be familiar with this invaluable professional development resource, Defense Acquisition Magazine is a bimonthly magazine published by DAU Press for senior military personnel, civilians, defense contractors, and defense industry professionals in the defense acquisition and sustainment workforce. As a reminder,” all publications appearing on the DAU Web site are works of the US government (prepared by an officer or employee, including contractors, of the US government as part of official duties or contract) unless otherwise noted. Works of the US are not subject to copyright laws and, therefore, can be reproduced in whole or in part. Credit must be given to DAU and to the author (s) of reproduced publications.”
Prior editions of the magazine are available here.