Updated Life Cycle Logistics Core Plus Development Guides
Wanted to let members of the Life Cycle Logistics community know that beginning next week the Life Cycle Logistics career field Core Plus Development Guides (desired training, education, and experience) in the DAU iCatalog will be undergoing the first major restructuring since their initial deployment in 2006. The intent of this update is multi-fold, including to:
· better align with the department’s 12 Integrated Product Support (IPS) Element structure outlined in Appendix A of the DoD Product Support Manager (PSM) Guidebook
· update and replace outdated terminology
· facilitate greater Total Systems/Life Cycle Management (LCM) emphasis in accordance with DoD Directive 5000.01, Para E1.1.29.
· enhance focus on product support at every stage of the life cycle,
· facilitate greater interdisciplinary/multi-disciplinary integration
· provide more targeted specificity and visibility of available learning assets
· and perhaps most importantly, more closely align with the current life cycle logistics competency set
This effort is being undertaken In conjunction with (and as part of) an ongoing development and/or restructuring of a range of key life cycle logistics resources and learning assets, including:
For planning purposes, please be aware access to the current Life Cycle Logistics Core Plus Development Guides in the DAU iCatalog will be unavailable for approximately two days beginning on Monday December 9, 2013. Assuming no unanticipated technical issues arise, our goal is be back on-line with the new version by Wednesday December 11th. In the meantime, workforce members can access the existing Core Plus Guides on Blackboard while the iCatalog updates are being made.
Please also be aware there this update will only affect the optional Core Plus training, education and experience recommendations. These updates will not result in any changes to the mandatory FY14 Core Certification Standards (required for Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act [DAWIA] certification.)