US Army LOGSA Tools Suite
In case you were not already aware, DAU maintains a website on our DAU Logistics Community of Practice (LOG CoP) dedicated to -- and linking to each of the products in --the suite of U.S. Army Materiel Command Logistics Support Activity (LOGSA) Logistics & Engineering Center (LEC) tools. This robust portfolio of logistics, engineering, and product support tools, many of which are both interdisciplinary and interservice, includes:
· Cost Analysis Strategy Assessment (CASA) - a PC-based computer model designed to assist in conducting a Level of Repair Analysis (LORA) study. A LORA is an analytical methodology used to determine the maintenance level where the removal and replacement, repair, or the discard of an item should be performed
· COMPASS - Level of Repair Analysis (LORA) software, COMPASS provides product support decision makers a tool identifying the best possible balance of cost and availability by simultaneously optimizing both the maintenance concept and supply support of a system.
· PowerLOG-J - designed to assist government agencies and their contractors in developing and integrating their supportability analysis data bases
· Post Fielding Support Analysis (PFSA) - a "Re-engineering Logistics" initiative that was developed to improve communication and logistics support between the PEO/PM and MSC communities for the Army combat systems. It provides a statistical method for tracking logistics metrics throughout the life cycle
· Systems Planning & Requirements Software (SYSPARS) - a tri-service expert system that assists Program Managers and Integrated Logistics Support Managers in preparation of integrated logistics support, supportability planning, and other acquisition and program management documentation
· Logistics Product Data Store (LPDS) - the Army's central repository for Logistics Product Data (LPD). The LPDS provides for storing, viewing, and analyzing of the Integrated Product Support (IPS) data required to fully support systems throughout the Life Cycle.
· Electronic Technical Manuals Online (ETMs) - Source for the most up-to-date technical publications available on your equipment
· Packaging, Storage, and Containerization Center (PSCC) - provides worldwide technical and specialized staff assistance in the fields of packaging, storage, hazardous materials, containerization, automatic identification technology, distribution facilities modernization, international and domestic standardization, and packaging application testing to AMC, other Army commands, DoD components, and other Federal agencies.
As a public service to members of our community, we have also created an easy-to-remember shortcut link to this LOGSA Logistics & Engineering Center (LEC) Tools Suite at https://acc.dau.mil/logsa-tools.
Additionally, each of these products has also included among the more than 450 other tools contained in the DoD Product Support Analytical Tools Database.