Services Acquisition Team Member: Acquisition Professional Team Members Credential
The purpose of the Services Acquisition Team Member: Acquisition Professional credential is to improve the tradecraft of Services Acquisition by:
- Developing, on a long-term basis, a highly qualified diverse workforce capable of performing current and future DoD SA functions.
- Meeting DoD needs for Services Acquisition personnel and providing capable replacements on a planned and systematic basis.
- Increasing the proficiency of DoD personnel in their present positions and providing guidance and opportunities for broadening experiences and responsibilities commensurate with their abilities.
- Leveraging current DoD training and educational resources to the maximum extent possible, while at the same time adopting commercial best practices in training and education related to contract services management.
- Changing the emphasis from specific best practices to an increased emphasis on helping the SA workforce think critically and make better decisions as they confront the myriad of complex situations encountered in defense acquisition.