I am looking for a simple, 1 page, survey to send out to OEMs to capture their lifecycle intent on parts. Questions like: is the part at the end of it's lifecycle, how much longer does the OEM plan on manufacturing the part, etc.
Does anyone have one they would be willing to share?
Good morning Brian,
Just from experience with the Programs I have worked on we usually ask the following questions.
1. Are units still being manufactured.
2. Does the OEM/Supplier anticipate having repair capabilites for LRU/WRA through BLANK (Insert intended EOL for Platform)
3. Are there presently any internal components that are difficult to procure during the repair cycle?
4. Does your company actively track the bill of materials for DMS issues?
5. Would you like (Insert Company Name) to provide an annual DMS report after receipt of BOM?
These are just some of the questions that we ask and we always request access to BOM's however in most instances we don't get it due to intellectual property. Sometimes if it is another vendor that is doing the repairs other than the OEM we have been able to retrieve BOM's or partial BOM information with a break down of the components that they repaired within the LRU. Also, if you're working with a DPAS Rated Program I would be sure to include that within your survey, you would surprised how many suppliers over look a DX Rated Program. For any LRU's/WRA's that we get no feed back on we work with the Program Office to have meetings with the OEM to ensure that they are activley supporting/tracking components for DMSMS issues. Anyway hope this helps you and feel free to email me if you need any additional support.
Aerospace and Defense Services
Vertex Aerospace LLC