Content Manager Responsibilities
Each DAU.edu site has a Content Manager and on Team sites, the Content Manager may also serve as the Team Site Owner and . As such, this position involves the following responsibilities:
- Managing the site every day by executing required functions to ensure that the content is accurate, relevant, and necessary.
- Serving as the primary identified point of contact for the site unless there is a separate Site Contact.
- Ensuring all content complies with governance policies and best practices.
- Identifying enhancements and new functionality as needed.
- Reviewing all content for relativity, accuracy, reliability, and necessity at least annually.
- Validating with the Business Sponsor (unless serving as the Business Sponsor) that the site is still needed based on the review timeline for the site type.
- Remove or archive old, irrelevant, or unnecessary content per records management policies.
- Participating in training to become proficient in updating and editing content.
- Monitoring usage analytics to understand audience preferences and improve accordingly.
Training expectations for Content Managers include the following:
DAU.edu Roles and Responsibilities