How to use this wiki library
You can use this wiki library to share knowledge, brainstorm ideas, collaborate with your team on a design, create an instruction guide, build an encyclopedia of knowledge, or just write down daily information in an easily accessible and modifiable format.
To edit this page, click on the Edit Page
icon at the top of the page. To see all available commands, click on the Page
tab. When you are editing, you can type text onto the page or insert tables and pictures. To stop editing, click the Save
button at the top of the page. If you leave the page while editing, you will be prompted to save your changes.
Creating wiki links
You can link to another page in this wiki library by enclosing the name of the page in double brackets. When you type [[, the wiki will suggest page names that start with what you've typed. You can select one of these pages using the arrow keys or the mouse, or you can type in a new name. If you type in a new name, it will make a link to a page which has not yet been created. Links are finished by typing ]]. If you are linking to a page in a subfolder or an item in another list, you can press tab to add the selected suggested item to your link without closing the link.
You can link to many objects in SharePoint, not just pages. Here are some examples of links:
- [[Dogs]] : A link to a page named Dogs in the same folder.
- [[Animals/Dogs]] : A link to a page named Dogs in a subfolder called Animals.
- [[List:Announcements/Welcome]] : A link to the item called Welcome in the Announcements list on this site.
To create a link to a page and have the link display different text than the page name, type a pipe character (|) after the page name, and then type the display text. For example, type [[Home|Home Page]] to create the link labeled Home Page that points to the page named Home.
To display double opening or closing brackets without making a link, type a backslash before the two brackets. For example, \[[ or \]].
There are two main ways to create a new page in your wiki library:
- Create a link to a page which does not exist and then click on to create the page. This is the recommended way to create a page because it is easier for people to find the page when another page links to it. Links to pages that do not yet exist have a dashed underline.
- Create a page that is not linked to any other. In the Settings menu, click Add a page. This will ask you for a name and then create that page in the current wiki library.
Managing your wiki library
You can manage the pages in your wiki library by clicking View All Pages
on the Page
tab of any page in the library.
Restoring a page
To restore a previous version of a page, click Previous Versions
in the Page
tab at the top of the page. You can then click on any of the versions in the quick launch to view the page as it existed at that time. If you want to restore to a version, select it and click Restore this version
in the toolbar.
Viewing incoming links
You can see which pages link to the current page by clicking Incoming Links
at the top of the page. This will show you any pages which link to this page.
For more information about using Microsoft SharePoint Foundation-based wiki libraries, click Help on any Microsoft SharePoint Foundation page.