According to the Hexagon US Federal website, “JCMIS is a Web-based product life-cycle management (PLM) system that provides clear, concise, and valid information during all phases of the product life cycle: design, development, maintenance, and disposition. It integrates configuration identification, change control, status accounting, and audits into a closed-loop system that helps managers perform PLM from early design through asset retirement. JCMIS provides a seamless view of a part, its documentation, identification number, technical directives, allowable configurations, and as-is configurations. It complies with EIA 649 (National Consensus Standard for Configuration Management) and embraces the Configuration Management II (CMII) methodology. Key features and benefits include:
- Single point integration of PLM business process
- Standardizes CM/DM business processes across the enterprise
- Robust data security protocols (Database roles and rights permissions)
- Compliant with all mandated Security Initiatives (Retina and Gold disk scans, IAVA, IAVB, IAVT)
- Rich systematic approach for creating, configuring, managing, and reusing product structures
- Design documentation identification and revision control
- Electronic data library for documentation
- Physical part attributes
- Supplier source data includes Source, Maintenance, and Recoverability Codes (SM&R)
- Work unit code structures
- Asset management includes: Life limited components, “As is” configurations, warranties, etc.
- Change lifecycle includes: Variances, Preliminary, and Formal Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs)”
See also NAVAIR “Joint Configuration Management Information System/Aeronautical Time Cycle Management (JCMIS/ATCM)” site.
- Navy / Marine Corps
- Air Force
Integrated Product Support Elements Addressed
This tool was identified as part of a product support analytical tools database provided solely to assist defense acquisition workforce professionals to identify best value product support solutions which optimize system readiness and life cycle cost. Neither the Department of Defense or the Defense Acquisition University provide any warranty of these tools whatsoever, whether express, implied, or statutory, including, but not limited to, any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose or any warranty that the contents of the item will be error-free. This analytical tools database should under no circumstances be considered as being all-encompassing, and is in no-wise meant to endorse the capabilities or products of any particular individual, company, or organization.