According to the Lone Star website, "StraTable℠ business consulting services using predictive and analytical models is a matrix-based model that incorporates the power of the processing engine. StraTable assists in providing enhanced decision analysis for our clients. It has proven to be a highly effective tool for tasks including: Options Analysis, Price to Win, Performance Trades, Risk Comparisons, Analysis of Alternatives, Competitive Positioning, and Others.
The StraTable℠ matrix provides a means to quickly generate considerable quantitative insight across multiple options for problems with many variables - considering even multiple selections within each variable. It does this by concentrating a rich set of alternatives into a "Menu Style" palette based on what is possible and desired. Depending on the importance/relevance of specific items within an exercise, the number of columns/major elements can vary; although there is no upper or lower limit. Once a basic model is built, any chosen Option combination can be evaluated in a matter of seconds to at most a minute or two. It is easy to modify in real time and therefore especially useful in quickly developing a multi-dimensional Analysis-of-Alternatives (AOA) space. Capabilities include:
- A Process/Tool that easily quantifies and assesses different options (Alternatives, Strategies, Competitors)
- Multiple Options can be easily defined and documented
- The number of possible Options and the potential variables are only bounded by the specific problem at hand - not by the tool
- The StraTable℠ can also simultaneously support multiple Cost, Risk, and Performance layers as additional dimensions that are all evaluated as each Option is defined.
- The process can be accomplished by a single individual, but is especially powerful when options are considered in a group setting of Stake Holders and/or Subject Matter Experts"
Integrated Product Support Elements Addressed
This tool was identified as part of a product support analytical tools database provided solely to assist defense acquisition workforce professionals to identify best value product support solutions which optimize system readiness and life cycle cost. Neither the Department of Defense or the Defense Acquisition University provide any warranty of these tools whatsoever, whether express, implied, or statutory, including, but not limited to, any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose or any warranty that the contents of the item will be error-free. This analytical tools database should under no circumstances be considered as being all-encompassing, and is in no-wise meant to endorse the capabilities or products of any particular individual, company, or organization.